I am working on a collaboration project with Melissa and Michelle. We will all post the final projects soon as well as our reflections. Our students drew a monster mama and monster baby and had to tell about the number of body parts on their monsters. We decided a VoiceThread was a good way to go. I scanned in their pictures and recorded their comments individually through Audacity.
This is where I added in an extra piece. Using word, I had each student type his or her name and then choose a font and color. I used ScreenHunter to capture their names, one at a time. In VoiceThread, I can set up multiple identities to use when making comments. I created a new identity for each child by typing in their name and then selecting the picture from my computer with their name. (Obviously, you could use head shots, or drawn pictures, or others.) When I uploaded the audio file that matched each student's monster drawing, I switched from my identity to the one of that student and then commented by uploading the audio file from that student.