Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Jason Project - Coaster Creator

Calling all science teachers and anyone who wants to have a WOW factor in their class. My students are studying Potential and Kinetic energy. And one of my favorite science teachers passed this project on to me. It was amazing!! I've never seen my students so engaged! I used it with my smart board initially, showing students how to build a roller coaster and how by changing hills ~ we can change the outcome of the coaster. Then they each got to build one on thier own in the computer lab. I laughed each time they tested their coasters ~ the simulator screams for every hill. Very funny. The roller coaster simulator acted in a realistic manner and recorded all the data for the students. Students were excited to show their parents during our family night as well. Tons of fun!!

http://www.jason.org/public/WhatIs/cfCoaster.aspx

No comments: