Sunday, April 5, 2009

Storytown Resources Site

Better late than never, right?
I created a google site that all the second grade teachers in the district could use to share resources they found or created to go with Storytown, the new reading program. It's been up since January, and I've been meaning to post about it. Honestly, I have not updated it much. When I first started, I gathered many of the files from a Second Grade Teachers Club on NING. There was not a central place for them and I wanted an easy way to share them with other teachers in our district. Now, there are a few comprehensive sites that host most of the files created by the teachers in the Second Grade Teachers Club. So it became less important for me post them all on one site.
Also, I was really hoping that other ACSD 14 teachers would upload some of their files to the site. I know many teachers have made them and when we share we all have to do less work. In order to upload to the site, you must a Google account and I realized that many teachers do not and would not be willing to create one simply for this site. So I created a Google account that everyone can use and shared the password. All of this was supposed to be shared with all the second grade teachers through an email. While I think some teachers are using the files on the site, so far no one has added any files. I know I need to give it more time.
I have been meaning to upload the latest files from my second grade team and post the files from the Second Grade Teachers Club for the later themes, but it is still on my to-do list. Anyway, here it is http://sites.google.com/site/storytownsecondgrade/Home.
I would love any suggestions for the site or for encouraging teachers to upload files.
Lisa

1 comment:

Dave Tarwater said...

Lisa,

As I have told you I think you did a great job creating this resource. I know Kelly at Alsup has used some of the resources. Maybe other GL'ers can offer up some ideas on how to promote the site and get fellow 2nd grade teachers to participate.