Friday, April 17, 2009

live blogging is so cool!

Hi all. Yesterday my AP biology students had the opportunity to collaborate with Todd Mayville's Theory of Knowledge class in a live blogging session.

This was my first time using cover it live and it is really cool!. Kind of like instant messaging simultaneously between 30+ people! The topic was "How do filters affect our Knowledge" which as a prompt took the discussion in many different directions. An archive of the dialogue can be accessed here.

This was a new experience for almost all of my students and the feedback was very positive. I observed students engaged, enjoying the activity and realizing the power of such a tool.

Access was easy and immediate due to Todd placing the link on his blog and me emailing the link to my students,

So, check out http://www.coveritlive.com/.

It has lots of possibilities.

Thanks Todd (aka Mr. Live Blog!)



No comments: