Friday, May 28, 2010

Technology Reflection

Hi everyone,

This has been my sixth year teaching and with the addition of the new resources I have been introduced to it feels like it was a year where I grew the most as an educator. As I reflect back, in my first two years of teaching I learned a lot about how I wanted my classroom set up and learned a lot about classroom management. However, this year I learned of new digital 21st century technology that I believe has helped me become an even better teacher; and not to mention has helped with my classroom management as well!

The kids truly enjoyed the projects that we worked on throughout the year. They were extremely focused and determined to figure out how to make the best glogster poster, or the best video that they possibly could. It was amazing and in all actuality it was relaxing as well. To look out into my classroom with all of my students working on computers, helping each other learn new things, it really made me felt like my students had taken complete ownership over their learning and this is when I truly believe that learning is taking place! Of course, we hit some road blocks, and I helped out whenever and where ever necessary, but overall I was really impressed with my students ability to problem solve and overcome the obstacles that they encountered.

Lastly, I just wanted to say thank you for helping me become a better educator as well as helping my students become better learners! The 2009/2010 school year has been an educational one for all of us!!

No comments: