Thursday, May 27, 2010

Google Earth

We finished the year with a story about a cross country road trip. The family makes six stops along the way, from Ohio to California. I marked each location with a select view that matches the pictures in the story. I added routes and recorded a "tour" for the whole trip. It was fun and easy to make and the kids loved it. A little while later, I was able to take my reading class into the computer lab and show them all how to use Google Earth. They looked up their own houses and they looked at South Korea, the setting for another story. Google Earth helps these kids get a sense of how big the world is. It's much more effective than me trying to hold a globe in one hand and point to two different locations with my other.


[Sorry for the late posting. I wrote this a few weeks ago and forgot to go back and post it.]

I hope you all enjoy your summers!

No comments: