Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Google Wave -Interest for Educators?

This upcoming application seems really cool. It has so many features for collaboration that I find lacking in Skype. It looks promising for the ability to have a virtually synchronous conversation as well as asynchronous. The ability to add users seems easy. I like the ability to drop in graphics and other documents and to simultaneously edit items. I could see this as a useful collaborative tool. I'm not sure my second graders would benefit from it as much as I would with my colleagues. What do you all think? Check out the video.

3 comments:

Dave Tarwater said...

Jon,

I agree, Google Wave, should be a great free collabortive tool. I have been on the Wave wait list for 3 months.

Kelly Berry said...

I looked at the Google Wave video over the summer. Definitely looks like a great tool. Dave - when do you expect to have access to Google Wave?

Todd said...

I got my invitation to Google Wave late last week; I'm super excited to use it! :)