Monday, October 5, 2009

Couldn't Do it Without Technology

So it's offical! I don't think I could function in my classroom without my Smart Board, Document Camera, iPod, and micro-phone system! I'm using my Smart Board daily for literacy. My students are so engaged in my literacy lessons, that I have to extend my whole group lesson so that everyone gets a turn...because they are all engaged, learning and listening! I use the iPod, connected to my overhead system, so teach children how to counting by singing. We have also started using the the iPod to work on fluency with my literacy class...yes kindergartners working on fluency! They love to hear themselves read over the mic system! To tell you the truth, I don't even know where my paper StoryTown manual is...everything I do is on the computer! I LOVE IT!!!!

Jenny :)

2 comments:

Kelly Berry said...

That's great your kids are so engaged Jenny! I also have found my whole-group lesson need more time because of student engagement.

Have you posted any of the fluency recordings online for kids to hear later?

Drew Giles said...

I never thought to attach an iPod with the overhead speaker system! What are a great way to have surround sound! I'm going to have to try that next week! Thanks for the idea Jenny!