Friday, August 7, 2009

"truth and beauty in math and science by D.B."

so we Glers 2009.2010 have finished our workshop!..., we go our separate physical ways...and so what has the past 3 days meant?... good question...lots of answers... good "vibes"...we will meet again!...physically and/or cyberspace...

we have identified expectations, set goals, established new relationships... set the direction for the future...

for me (an old guy...almost as old as Dave (haha)) it is a time for renewal, re-charging the batteries....learning from Todd, Jon, Lisa, dlo (you rock!), Liz, JD, Emily, Kelly, Sara + all the mentors / mentees... all of us...collectively...

I leave you with a short tedtalk (ted.com) animation...
consider the "truth and beauty in math and science" D.B.,
consider the life of a cell animated to let us all understand...what we may not be able to see..not unlike the subtle changes in our students...

thanks to Glers who believe in 21st C tools and strategies...

thanks Central people (new friends), ACSD14 (old friends) and Atomic Learning.... Ms Chandler, Mr. Miller, Mr. Tarwater and others who support and provide the resources...

so....
"truth and beauty in math and science (aka the inner life of a cell)"
animation only
or here on you tube the inner life of a cell




and with the full tedtalk (ted.com)...

truth and beauty (the inner life of a cell) tedtalk


wishing all of you and your students the best year in your teaching career...


The Inner Life of a Cell - Matt Berky

1 comment:

James Howat said...

I love this video every time I see it. I'm always amazed by the technology that had to go into making that, graphically. I wish that vid was around a couple of years ago when I took Biochem / Cell Biology during an 8 week session in the summer! Maybe it was, but the prof sure didn't use it or anything nearly that visual to describe whats happening inside of a cell.
As someone who is a fairly visual learner, I was want to know what something LOOKS like, it helps me to remember what is happening. I know many of our students are the same...
Pieces of this will definitely get play-time in my classroom.