Sunday, November 23, 2008

Playing Catch up

On this past Monday, we had a teacher work day and I offered to help a colleague set up their smartboard, projector, and laptop. I had been going on and on about how sweet it was and how use full it will be. I helped them get it working and showed some ways I used the smartboard and I was told that they do not see using this very often and that they give it a C. How do you encourage those who are not easily interested in technology that it is worth it?

2 comments:

Kate Ibarra said...

I think the easiest way to encourage colleagues to implement technology is to show them the convenience of it. Many people (myself included) won't use a lot of technology because they see it as "so much extra work". The first thing I would suggest is to make it user friendly. Then it won't seem like such a nuisance if it is already set up and ready to go. This is especially important if you teach the little ones like I do.

Jeff Lewis said...

I would show them ONE thing that they can do on the SmartBoard that would make it worthwhile. Maybe it is a lesson, or a tool or that you can import PowerPoint slides. Hopefully that will get them hooked.