Friday, September 26, 2008

New favorite question

My new favorite question that I get asked on a regular basis: "Mr., can I blog today?" I hear it much more frequently than might be expected, and the students who ask are actually blogging, rather than surfing or trying to get on MySpace, etc. This is definitely something I wish I had started a while back. I'm absolutely thrilled that my students want to write on such a regular basis!

For now, the blogs have been pretty basic and have been limited to simply answering a question of the week. As the year progresses, I will be adding expectations to the blogs and get closer to the ideas presented in the Richardson book. We're off to a great start, though!

1 comment:

Kelly Berry said...

That's awesome! I'm finding my students are eager to blog as well, but with first graders, it takes a lot of coaching.Hopefully by winter, they can log on, blog, and comment on another person's writing!