Friday, August 27, 2010

Smartboard and Attendance

I hope everyone's school year is off to a good start!

I found a really cool smartboard slide for morning attendance that I would like to share. It is very simple, but helps a lot and the kids love it!
It is only 1 slide, and consists of balloons with each child's name on one.
Every morning my students come in and pop the balloon with their name on it.
It is a quick and easy way to take attendance, and helps because it seems that the kids are a little more mobile and not in their desks since we are now serving breakfast in the classroom.
The only down fall to this is that I don't find it very user friendly. I had to adjust the names to be in a bigger font and that was a little difficult. I found that I had to go to the "fonts/letters" and type it in that way. If anyone else knows an easier way to do this, please, please let me know.

Sara

1 comment:

Kelly Berry said...

When you refer to "fonts/letters" are you then placing a text box layered on top of the balloon? If you want to change from the balloon activity, you could use the "tiles". They are in the lesson activity toolkit. Add text/names, when the box is clicked it will change from a color to white.