Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Little Engine That Could!

So as I look back on the first two weeks of school and onward, I feel overwhelmed. I do think I have been engaging the students in whole group reading instruction by using the Smart Board. That I feel is about the only technological thing I have done so far! Boo! But, I am looking forward to getting back into the groove of things and recommitting to technology! This year I want to use my class blog more and use the clickers for more assessment and quick data results. It just all takes time and I am trying to be ok with that. I need to remember technology is fun, a super way to learn, and a fantastic way to get that student engagement! As the little engine said, "I think I can!"

2 comments:

Kelly Berry said...

Every year it seems we forget how much work it takes to get our classes going! With that, if you are ready to try anything in the classroom, let me know and I can help you! Co-teaching, co-planning or introducing pieces of instructional technology to the students...Can't wait to see your students grow!

steve said...

It is interesting & valuable, that's great.. The blog seems to be interesting....

IBDP Programme