Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Ooo right... February only has 28 days!

I was not ready for March 1.... I'm still not quite sure where February went. I haven't tried much new technology in my classroom in the past month, but it's coming! In April, I am planning to have my fifth graders make a sight words video for my younger kids. I can't take credit for this idea, I heard another special ed teacher talking about her idea and asked if I could jump in too. I think it's a great idea for my fifth graders to practice sight words (yes, they still need it), and complete something that I've been wanting to make for my first graders for a long time now!

On another note, I found the "whack a mole" game for the SMARTboard online and it is a great engagement activity for my younger kids when it comes to sight words and such! What is more fun than throwing a koosh ball at moles on the SMARTboard?? Apparently, not much!

1 comment:

Kelly Berry said...

Have to love the simple things in life! Right? Did you actually find a koosh ball? I would love to know where if you did!

I look forward to seeing your students sight word video progress. Let us all know what we can do to support you and your students!