Monday, February 28, 2011

Another TenMarks Convert


So.. I saw a few blog entries by Jesse about tenmarks and thought I would check it out as well.  I teach 4 science classes and one math intervention and after reading some of the posts about it, I thought I would get a class up and running as well.  I have been using it for about the last 2 weeks or so about 2-3 times a week and I really like how the whole system works.  I have found that it is really easy to get the kiddos up and running on it and get them independently working on their own.

The way I am using it right now is to assign kids 10-20 problems from a particular strand giving them a goal of 80 percent proficiency.  Once they have reached that goal, they are assigned another strand.  I have my math gurus in the hallway giving me the strands that best review what they will see on the CSAP, and I am also assigning their work based on the learning continuum in TAAT

If some students are struggling with that strand, I am pulling small groups of students to work more one on one, while the most of the class works independently.  I am pretty amazed at the amount of review I have been able to do in such a short amount of time (wishing I had jumped on board earlier).  Most students are able to use the systems built in video and hints to help them relearn/review topics and I am able to spend the bulk of my time with students who need the more one on one approach.

No comments: