Thursday, March 12, 2009

Story Town Web Resources - Web 1.0 or Web 2.0?

Are you a contributor and share your voice? Are you a viewer and take ideas? I feel I'm both and am creating students to become both. As a primary teacher, I feel I have made a significant leap from web 1.0 to web 2.0 since becoming a Global Learner. My students continue to use web-based games during independent learning time, but we are working more to complete projects we can ultimately upload to their blog.

This Story Town Wiki sparked my curiosity as to how other people feel about their web use. I began a search for First Grade Story Town resources after seeing what our 2nd grade GL's started with their shared Google site.

The site has grade-levels K-5. Within each grade-level and theme, there are web/lesson resources broken into skills such as: comprehension, grammar, phonics and writing. A lot of resources for each grade level. I could see using some of the resources for introducing, reviewing or practicing concepts. You can easily add the links to a website for student use or link it to a SmartBoard spelling lesson. I browsed briefly and there appear to be writing sites that allow creations(web2.0).

Please browse the wiki or other resources you have and share:

How do you feel about your transition from web 1.0 to web 2.0?

What Web 2.0 tool(s) would you like to know about?

No comments: