Sunday, August 24, 2008

Internet resources for Block style handwriting


My school has anounced that we have chosen to move from D'Nealian manuscript to Block style letters for elementary handwriting. Since I think this was a district-wide decision I thought I'd share a few resources for those teachers scrambling to get practice writing sheets together. I found a couple of nice websites with handwriting sheets to print as well as some websites that allow you to input the text you want to print. I downloaded some for printing as well as for using on the Smart Board:

Handwriting for Kids has a feature helpful for Spanish accent marks and special characters.

Kid Zone has a page that allows you to make custom tracer pages as well.

Also check out the Amazing Incredible Handwriting Worksheet Maker by Tampareads.
I cross-posted this on my personal blog: http://mrfishergloballearner.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

Dave Tarwater said...

Jon,

Good stuff, I really need to drop by and practice this new style with your class, my handwriting is not so good.