Friday, May 20, 2011

Technology in the Classroom

As the year comes to a close, I am reflecting on what technology worked well in my classroom this year.
As always, the smartboard is a favorite! Both my students love it and so do I. I don't know how I would teach without it! It keeps students actively engaged and there are so many amazing lessons out there to use. Creating lessons is fun, too! I also had the luxury of using a Smart Slate this year. This helps save time from students having to get up and come to the Smartboard when we are in a hurry.
Other technology things that I tried and liked this year were the use of 4 additional laptops in my classroom (last year I didn't have any) and Toondoo. Students LOVED Toondoo and it was useful as a reading center.
I am open to hearing about any other sites that were used as a reading center, so if anyone has any, please share!

No comments: