Sunday, May 15, 2011

Collaborative Geometry Riddles Voicethread

This is a collaborative project between my second graders and Ms. Chamberlain's first grade class. We made some geometry riddles that describe different plane and solid shapes and posted them to Voicethread. Ms. Chamberlain's class is responding to the riddles. In this lesson I used the smartboard to review attributes of geometric shapes and to build an attribute table (see lesson).


One of the fun aspects of this lesson is the independence that my students have in using technology. I know I can just give them the video camera and they will film it and check it to see if it came out clear. We lost a file when they had to upload it to the computer but with a little help they found it. I don't know if it was a good idea but I gave them my username and password for Voicethread so they could upload the video themselves. Who could imagined that they would have this level of autonomy in second grade!


Our voicethread is below:




No comments: