Monday, April 4, 2011

One Laptop Per Child

So I recently applied for a teaching fellowship in Rwanda with SEVEN Fund which is a non-profit organization working to find enterprise solutions to poverty by investing in local entreprenurs. They are working specifically in Rwanda in all fields. The fellowship would allow me to travel to Rwanda this summer and experience the schools and current practices. I have read about the One Laptop Per Child program that Rwanda has been involved in and their President is committed to continuing.
If I am chosen for the fellowship my goal is to use what I have used as a Global Learner to support this program and communicate with schools in Rwanda using my class blog. I would also create lessons on solutions to poverty and do several presentations upon completion of the fellowship.
If I am not chosen, I still feel very compelled to be a part of this global movement to support education and eliminate poverty. I will still used what I have learned this year to create lessons and virtual resources to increase awareness and action.
I would love to hear any thoughts or ideas on how to integrate technology into lessons on poverty!!
Thanks and cross fingers for me!
Jenny

No comments: