I feel like we are now official into the swing of things and all of the initial stuff is in the past. It better be, since we are testing on our first unit assessment tomorrow. So, this seems like a very appropriate spot to reflect and strategize.
My website is up and all of the struture is in place. I attempted to update my voki to verbalize announcements, however, when I tried I had difficulties and never made it back. The pages that I think will have most importance is the lessons page for each class. My intention is to show the day's agenda (in reverse chronological order) and link to anything that will help them review or experience what was done in the classroom. I put notes for a topic in power point and uploaded the presentation to slideshare. Then I linked the presentation from my site and referred any student there if the "didn't get the notes." I felt like a rock star. Then I quickly got behind. No more rock star.
I also wanted to list all assignments on the assignments page (not up yet) and explain the assignment there or link to a worksheet in google docs. When I get real good, I want to scan and link to a pdf any other assignment. Maybe next term.
I quickly remember how behind I can give with meetings, emails, forms, and grading. Planning is squeeking by and I haven't gotten planned (electronically) what I would like to for the intentions of my website. I also haven't gotten to the point where I am updating my site regularly. I need to make it a routine just like entering and uploading my grades each week.
I have gotten some lesson plans written and posted to google docs with associated homework or worksheets. The mean, median, and mode lesson is at http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddz7t4gx_7d96hxf. This went well with my Algebra 9A students. And my virtual solving equations for Algebra 9B http://docs.google.com/Doc?id=ddz7t4gx_10dm5m4z using the national library of virtual manipulatives. This did not go as well due to trouble in the media center and centrix with the java. I am not sure if the lesson would have been better if they had more time to use the program. I asked the students to get back to the lab on their own time to complete the worksheet and homework or find access at home or somewhere else and they just didn't do it. This really surprised me and I don't know yet how much of the argument that they couldn't get access is valid and how much is them trying to get out of work.
Finally, I have put blogging on the back burner and would like to ease into smart board and blogging by next term for sure. Right now, I will focus on having a functional website and quality lessons to share.