Saturday, January 30, 2010

Advanced Help

We are on the downhill slope.... I can't believe how fast this year is going. Since winter break I have made a few instructional changes and adjustments in my classroom. One thing that I am focusing on and requesting help with is continuing to challenge my advanced math group. It's not that I don't know how to challenge them, but I am struggling with doing so within the standards and objectives that I need to follow. Any suggestions or comments on how to be more successful at this? I have reached out the the GT coordinator for the district and she gave me some resource books to use, but I am still feeling like I need more.

Other than this, I am feeling hopeful that we will have a good CSAP year and our students are continuing to make great gains!

1 comment:

Kelly Berry said...

I'm having difficulty keeping my advanced students challenged. During writing my new idea has been allowing them to make a project. Currently we are comparing/contrasting world communities. They listen to the same mini-lesson and after I check their writing, they go to the computer for writing and drawing a picture using Kidspiration. Soon the advanced students will create an official slideshow/publication and will be ready to teach other kids! I hope this helps. Please e-mail/call if you want to brainstorm more!