Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Networking and Collaboration

This is a cross post with my new and improve edublog

It's time to walk the walk. I keep silently listening to all the ideas about using technology to connect to one another, or network. I connect in a way that I am a silent observer but I have been more empowered to speak up and reach out to people. So as a starting point, please join my wiki at http://reginawiki.wikispaces.com/Journal+Prompts and add any ideas for math journal prompts. I am looking to ask the right questions. Not the regurgitate ones and not the ones that ask them to come up with a problem and solve it. Something on a higher level that will force them to articulate a concept and realize that they really do understand it or they don't understand it to the level that they thought they did.

I am using Gmail and asking students to reply in Gmail to slowly start getting them used to this. I hope to work on their voice and articulation by doing this. Then I will progress to blogs maybe next year until this type of reflection becomes habit for them.

I am excited to see what we can put together and I hope something may inspire another teacher out there. Please let me know.

P.S. If you haven't worked with an RSS "reader" yet, check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0klgLsSxGsU and then set up a reader with google and subscribe to your favorite blogs (like mine!)

No comments: