Sunday, October 26, 2008

Glets and the Smartboard

I continue to constantly look for ways to incorporate the Glets and the Smartboard.
My students love the Smartboard and never get bored of it. Thanks to Lisa Kellogg,
I am now using new activities with my class AND they follow the GLETS! One activity that I use is called Vortex. I used it this week when I taught proper nouns. The students loved it, and learned what a proper noun was! Another activity I do is very similar to Hangman. I use this with our High Frequency Words. Students are responsible for recognizing and spelling these HFW. This is a great activity because it really helps with spelling. I have students stop and pair/share each time we get a letter. Students are working together to recognize the HFW and spell it.
Both of these activities are fun and hit a GLET. Thanks Lisa!

2 comments:

Jeff Lewis said...

Sara,

These activities sound great. Could you add some links so I could take a look? I am always looking for ways to better integrate literacy into teaching with technology.

Thanks!

Mr. Hostetter said...

Check out the SMART Board Revolution Ning for SMART board ideas and resources at http://smartboardrevolution.ning.com/