My students have been learning all about leadership during a unit entitled Follow My Lead. Each student researched a great leader (some researched a negative leader) and they spent some time identifying the qualities that made them leaders. Now it is time for students to make some connections between those great leaders and ourselves. We will spend some time this week addressing these four questions:
- What is leadership?
- What problems exist in my school or community that could be solved if I were a leader?
- What obstacles stand in my way that prevent me from being a leader?
- What goals can I set for myself to get past these obstacles?
I also invite you to join us in a live conversation on Friday morning from 9:30 - 10:30 mountain time. We will be broadcasting live from our classroom where students will be presenting the answers to their questions and asking additional questions of participants. Join us by clicking on this link to WiziQ. You will need to set up a free account. After that you can type comments or talk to us directly using a microphone or webcam.
You can join us and interact with my fourth graders by:
- Addressing the questions above by thinking about yourself when you were young (maybe you're still young!).
- Give some advice to the future leaders in Room24.
- Share a story of a great student leader.
- Do any or all of the above on our blog, via twitter or via WiziQ.
THANKS IN ADVANCE!